1. Home
  2. Form I-485
  3. How Much Does it Cost to Submit Form I-485?

How Much Does it Cost to Submit Form I-485?

Updated: January 2023

If you are filing the I-485 (Adjustment of Status) application, you will need to pay the government fees. You will submit these fees with the application when you mail it to USCIS. The amounts you will pay will vary based on your circumstances. This article explains how to calculate how much to pay.

I-485 Fee Amounts

Filing Form I-485 typically costs $1,440. For children who are under the age of 14 and who are filing with at least one parent, the fee is only $950. There are additional filing categories under which Form I-485 fee may be waived.

Here are some examples to help walk you through the fee rules: 

  • A 5-year-old child applying for the I-485 at the same time as their mother would pay $950 for their I-485.
  • An 81-year-old applicant being petitioned by their US Citizen child would pay $1,440 for their I-485.
  • A 22-year-old applicant applying for the I-485 through marriage would pay $1,440 for their I-485. 
  • A 13-year-old applicant whose parents were not applying at the same time as them would pay $1,440 for their I-485.

If you still need clarification about how much to pay, you can also use the USCIS Fee Calculator to double-check. USCIS changes its fees periodically, so double-checking the fee calculator is always a good idea.

Please note: Depending on which forms you are filing at the same time as Form I-485, additional filing fees may be associated with submitting your application. The most common fees are the filing fee for Form I-130, Form I-765, and Form I-131.

For information on how to pay the I-485 fees, see the following article

With all of our packages, we include detailed instructions and support with the entire application process, including paying the fees to USCIS. We would be happy to help you prepare your I-485 application! Click here to get started.

Are you eligible to apply for a Green Card?

Are you currently living in the United States?

Have you lived in the US for more than 3 months?

Did you enter the United States with an active visa or green card?

Are you married to a US citizen?

Do you have an immediate family member that is a U.S. Citizen or is a Green Card holder?

Analyzing Eligibility

We're sorry.

You are probably not eligible to apply.

If you would like to apply for a Green Card, instead of a Renewal, we can help you.


You are eligible to apply for a Green Card with SimpleCitizen!

Updated on April 1, 2024

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need help?
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Please contact us. We're here to help!

Leave a Comment